Thursday, October 29, 2009

Power Within

All too often, I think I can't do this! Working out or life in general, somedays I just want to quit! I don't think I can do it anymore...then of course I look for assurance that I am not alone and for me that means going to God's Word. In Ephesians, Paul is praying for the church at Ephesus...for God's people...in 3:16 he says "I pray that He will use His glorious riches to make you strong. May His Holy SPirit give you power deep down inside of you."

Paul prayed for the people of God that God would make them strong, for the power of the Holy Spirit inside of them to be the source of their strength. So on those days I want to quit, I remind myself, in my own strength I can't do it, none of it...I can't run, I can't diet, I can't deal with the issues life throws at me, I can handle my children or my distant husband....I can't do any of it...it is through the strength of the Holy Spirit deep inside of me that I can not only face, but overcome any thing that seems to overpower me....truly greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world...

Lord, teach me to rely on Your strength for all things, not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment