Monday, April 18, 2011

Rivers In The Desert


"Do not remember the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold I am doing a new thing! Now it springs forth: do you not percieve and know it and will you not give heed to it? I will even make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19

So often it seems that we are in a dry place. The town I live in was once called Dry Pond! Spiritually it is a dry pond! At one time there was an Awakening just down the road from me. It is marked with a historical campground that celebrates what was every year...I wander how often we are content to remember what was, comfortable to sit where we are and miss what God wants to do in the now? I don't want to be comfortable and content! I long to be restless and hungry for more and more of what God has! I don't want to remember what was, I want to experience what God has for us today! More of Him, More of His glory in my life, in my churches, in my city...that is the cry of my heart! More of You Lord, more of YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment