Sunday, May 1, 2011

Believe

Do you Believe in God? Yes. Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God? Yes. Do you believe that Jesus died and rose again? Yes. Do you believe that God still heals miraculously today? Yes. Do you believe that God still speaks to people today (dreams, vision, audibly, through His Word)? Yes. Do you believe that God can do anything? Yes. Do you believe that God loves you? Yes. Do you believe God has a plan for your life? Yes.

We say we believe in a lot. We believe the Bible to be the inerrant, infalliable Word of God, from cover to cover. But do we? Really? I mean it seems like we pick what we want to believe...but then what does it mean to believe? According to the Amplified Bible other words that could have been substituted for believe are to rely on, to cling to or to trust in...the Amplified Bibles puts these words in parenthesis as other words that mean the same as the greek word that we translate believe...

So if you went back to the questions that started this and ask your self do I fully rely on, cling to and trust in the fact that God is God, that Jesus is His Son, died and rose again. That God heals, speaks and moves in my life today? Would we still say yes? It is easy to mouth a Word, it is another thing to live a life that backs up what we say.

Honestly some of this I had to learn the hard way. I had to learn God is faithful to heal because I have a child that can't take most modern meds...yes we fully rely on, trust in and cling to the healing power of God.
We lived 7 months with no income at all during the 'recession', we learned to fully rely on, cling to and trust in God's Word when it said that My God will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory. We learned His Word is true!

I have known for as long as I can remember that Jesus was God's Son and He died and rose again for me. It became real for me when I was 21. At that point I took my head knowledge and it became heart and life relying on, clinging to and trusting in what He had done for me...It was years before I came to a point where I really got what He really did, but I did come to the point that I rely on cling to and trust in the completed work of the cross....

really ask yourself when you say you believe these 'basic' facts of the faith...do you rely on, cling to and trust in them...or are you giving lip service to the Jesus who you say you believe died for you???

No comments:

Post a Comment