Monday, May 2, 2011

Nine and a Half Years Later

When I think back to the attack on September 11, 2001...I remember the shock and the panic that we all felt. I also remember the sense of unity that you saw form around the world. We saw churches overflowing with people seeking God in the middle of the week! Complete strangers risking their lives to go into the towers and look for survivors. We cried over the loss of lives and the loss of security we felt. We united as a nation to bring one man to justice.

This morning I awoke to the news...that Osama Bin Laden is dead! I will be honest a part of me was excited! This was justice for what he did to us. This was justice for the soilders who have died in the last 9.5 years looking for and fighting to get to him! This brought renewed hope that this war may end and yes selfishly I thought and maybe my son will not be deployed into it!

As the day went on, I felt something else...he was a person, an evil person, but a person none the less. He had people that loved him, family that will miss him. For those people I do feel sadness.

The Bible says not rejoice in the death of the wicked, but to rejoice in the salvation of a lost one. So I will not rejoice in his death, I will rejoice in the end of the man hunt, the hope that this could lead to the end of this war...

I will pray for his family and for all that remain to fight until they are called home...

To the soilders that have served, do serve and will serve...thank you for what you do and for giving me the ability to go bed at night knowing I am protected! It is an honor to call my son a Marine!

No comments:

Post a Comment